Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What it's like to burst at the seams!

I recently had a stranger inform me that I have "too much pent-up energy".

My husband most likely agreed with that statement. He knows me better than anyone else in the world, and he will be the first to attest the fact that I am an intense individual who hands out enthusiasm like our chihuahua puppy's non-exclusive rationing of love.

There are times when I'm staring at a textbook and the sentences start to run together and I have to shake my head, invest in some sugar and get back to work. Those are the times when I don't know what that guy was talking about. (Though I'm starting to think that that's a textbook thing.)

But then there are times -- like right now -- where I feel like there are not enough hours in a day or ways in the world to distribute my myriad of ambitions. I cannot read enough books, master enough new yoga positions, watch enough documentaries, get psyched about enough new recipes, tackle enough homework, knit enough scarfs, apply for enough internships, line up enough photo shoots, write enough blogs. At the moment, I feel as though my body parts are going to fly off in twelve different directions. The craziest thing is? I could probably go for a nap.

No, it's not ADHD... I get like this when ever I've been inspired. And I've been inspired. For me, inspiration doesn't take much. It could come from one tiny aspect, or be meant for only one area of expertise --- but those minor details don't register with Shauna. I usually take the raw inspiration and run with it. I could have listened to a great program of Dr. Laura telling me how to deal with my mother-in-law, and the next thing you know I'll be vacuuming the entire house while thinking of how I'm going to take up scrapbooking (after having taken notes about the mother-in-law thing). It's nice, albeit a little exhausting.

Unfortunately... it's time to hit the books (where I was two hours ago before I got distracted).

No comments:

Post a Comment